ImageMagick has several interesting algorithms (NoiseReduction, Despeckle
(that one doesn't work well in the GIMP by the way), ...) that I would like
to use through the GIMP. Does there exist a C-C++ interface that facilitates
a GIMP plug-in programmer to use ImageMagick routines? Or maybe another kind
of interface using Script-fu / Magick Scripting Language ?

Of course I could always look at the source code of ImageMagick and recode
whatever I want for the GIMP, but do I really want to do that... :-(

Currently, when I'm in the GIMP and want to modify an image with IM, I do it
the hard way: save it, launch IM on it and then reload it in the GIMP.