    Simon> You can determine the global image type via
    Simon> (gimp-image-base-type ...)  but be aware that the the
    Simon> values returned are not compatible with the values returned
    Simon> by gimp-drawable-type.

Thanks, I thought I had searched the the PDB for "type" but I guess
not or I would have found that.  (gimp-image-base-type ...) is exactly
what I need.

                       PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                     76-15 113th Street, Apt 3B
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                       Forest Hills, NY 11375