> > My confusion relates to script-fu and gimp plug-ins with respect to
> > Why query a plug-in as a regular expression? What's the point?
> To have a nice way to specify a search pattern. For thinks like a
> PDB-Browser for example.

Ok, I guess I'm just not making my question clear. I understand that regex
enables doing a wildcard search in the plug-ins database.

What I have trouble imagining is the scenario where regex search in Gimp is
necessary or useful. Few users even know how to phrase a regex search. Is
this just feature-itis? Do I correctly surmise that regex could be removed
without being missed?