I fixed all my windows bugs:
0) Backup your data.
1) Boot from rescue disk, no CD support (or don't worry for win95, that had
to be made manually).
2) Utilize the Microsoft built, Microsoft bug squashing tool: fdisk
3) In fdisk you'll likely see these bugs, they're called "partitions." You
want to delete them.
4) Note that some bugs are harder -- namely "extended partitions." In those
you'll have to first squash the "logical drive" bugs, then you can delete the
"extended partition" bugs.
5) Save changes and exit. Congratulations! Your system is now bug free!
6) Insert Red Hat 7.3 (NOT 8.0 -- IT HAS THE GNOME BUG!) disk one, to finish
the bug proofing your windows machine. Proceed with screens, but chose
custom (cause this is a bug squashing thing), and both install and make
default the KDE desktop. (That's the special bug protection. Though it too,
has some bugs ((sorry)), though not as badly as the rest.)
7) This works for NT and XP as well. For persistant bugs, like the
administrative rights bug, in NT or XP, just boot from the Red Hat 7.3 disk
1, and when it offers "disk druid," use it to delete the windows partition
bugs, as mentioned in step 3.
8) Bug squashing is fun, and you can do it at home and work.
9) Oh, squash at your own risk.
You'll find that this fixes not only the windows gimp bugs, but your
vulnerability to email attacks, all kinds of viruses, the blue screens of
employment bug, and the dreaded "exposure to legal liabilities for pirated
software/BSA where coming to Fed. you away" bug. (YIKES!)
All in all, I'd say "QUITE A FIX!" Glad to help.
On Monday 02 December 2002 01:42 pm, Sven Neumann wrote:
> This is the current list of unconfirmed GIMP bugs:
> there are a lot of Windows bugs among them. Would be nice if some
> users of GIMP on Win32 could have a look. If you can confirm one of
> these bugs, please attach a comment. If you can not confirm it, that
> is worth a comment as well.
> This is the current list of bugs that need more information:
> If you can provide additional information on any of these, please
> attach them.
> Salut, Sven
> Gimp-developer mailing list
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
You can call me at: 813-236-2009, USA
Gimp-developer mailing list