On 10 Jan 2003, at 12:37, Joakim wrote:

> I have tried to find gimp-perl for win32 but I can't find it.
> The Gimp-Perl FAQ says that there is no port of gimp-perl for win32.
> Is the FAQ not updated or is it really true that their is no port? In
> the latter case, is anybody trying to do a port?

No, there is no port, and as far as I know, nobody's trying to port
it.

I thought there had been discussion about this on the developer list,
but I am not sure I found it:

On 24 Apr 2002, at 18:49, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 10:34:19PM +0300, Tor
> Lillqvist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > and Gtk is proven to be hard to port to that environment.
> > ... but I still fear that porting gimp-perl might be quite
> > a task.
>
> Why? I apart from trivial changes (gimp-perl has to parse
> the output of gimptool -n --install-admin-bin because
> gimptool doesn't have an option to output the pluginpath
> and can't be edited under windows), it compiled out of the
> box five minutes ago under windows 2000 using cygwin
> and the binaries from www.gimp.org/win32 (which, as I
> read it, are not really compatible with my environment
> anyways).
>
> I think the remaining problems are highly trivial (e.g.
> possible reliance on / instead of \, which mostly isn't a
> problem under windows anyways, socket functions etc.)
>
> It's just that this has to do somebody who knows windows
> better then me (I lack the time & compiler to compile gimp
> &c for windows just to test it).

Perhaps you could try and port it yourself, or sponsor somebody who
can. Or you could file an enhancement request at
<http://bugzilla.gnome.org>.

Good luck,

--
branko collin