Tor Lillqvist writes:
 > Ouch. Where the heck did those come from, I wonder. Makefile.in files
 > aren't supposed to contain any host dependencies. Sigh, I'll have to
 > do the "make distdir" once more and see if I can figure out what goes
 > wrong.

Hmm. I don't really know what had happened, but if I run automake-1.4
with the flag --include-deps flag, it doesn't put those header
dependency lines in the Makefile.in files. The strange thing is that
it was only in libgimp/Makefile.in that there were lots of those
header dependency lines. app/Makefile.in had one (1) !? But for
instance in all the plug-ins/* directories the Makefile.ins did not
have any of this cruft.

Oh well, there is now an updated gimp-1.2.4-tml-20030119-src.zip file
downloadable. Nothing changed in it except the Makefile.in files, so
if you just want them, download makefileins.zip.

--tml