On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 03:37:26PM +0100, Sven Neumann wrote:
> > It's broken on Netscape 4.7 (disabling Style Sheets helps, but it
> > looks rather ugly then). There is text behind the image etc.  But I
> > guess it's nice if displayed correctly.
> I don't think we have to care about browsers as obsolete and
> known-to-be-broken as Netscape 4.7.

The best thing one can do with NN 4.x is [IMHO] to
(a) detect it with PHP or whatever and don't include style
    sheets, or include a different one -- this is prohibited IIUC
(b) use some dirty trick
    to make it see no/other/only part of the style sheet, e.g.
    @import url("bigstyle.css")

Since people still use NN 4.x, they should be able to
display the pages in some readable (not nice) form, so I
suggest hiding CSS for NN 4.x with @import.