On 06 Mar 2003 18:47:12 +0100, Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> "Adam D. Moss" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > Nice work!  Is there any chance that this could be licensed
> > BSD/X11-style to encourage its adoption as the base for non-GPL
> > plugins too?
> Mitch and me don't see any problem to relicense gimp-plugin-template.
> Should perhaps even be something w/o an advertising clause?!

I'd suggest dual licensing:
1 - "old-style" BSD with advertising clause
2 - GPL or LGPL

If we only have the first option, it would not be possible to write
GPLed plug-ins using this template.  This is probably not a good
thing.  Providing both options is better because it lets people
select what they prefer.

If you agree on the dual licensing option, I can write some patches