hi,
I haven't been playing with Photoshop for looong time. But last week i did and found
nice feature called Mask(ing?) (or what was it) where you could erase (there we Red
overlay) area that you wanted to be selected by select tool (or if you deleted too
much you could add that red back). Is there plans to add similar option in Gimp 1.4
(or is that allready there in 1.3)?? This would be wery neat option..

Secondary i've been playing around idea (and makeup workin C code) to have library
with you can make easyly plugins to Gimp 1.2.x and 1.3.x (1.4.x) and cinepaint only
change some switch in configure not code (i know you can #IFDEF allways but i'm lazy
one)

as i said i have libs 'working' (some simple plugins compiles and work on Gimp
1.2.3/1.3.12/cinepaint 0.16) but i need some people who are interested in to devel
library to other platforms (Windows, macOSX, FreeBSD...) there should be any problems
because libs rely on GTK and GIMP.

Tuukka

ps. if masking isn't there i can volunteer to do it.
pss. contact me if you are interested in library develoment

---
--> Niin kuka sanoi etta se toimii?