Hi everyone,

first of all, I'm not sure if this should go here or to -users, but I think
it's more appropriate here.

I recently came across http://www.ftgimp.com/, which seems to sell an
enhanced version of the GIMP (called "FT Gimp") for 19.95 to 29.95 USD.
Looking around the site, I haven't found any pointers to the fact that it is
based on the GIMP (outside of a button at the bottom of the main page that
links to http://www.gimp.org/), and neither is there a mention that GIMP is
licensed under the GPL. In fact, the site includes a copyright notice that

"FTGimp: Copyright (C) 2002-2003 FlamingText.com. All rights reserved. No
reproduction allowed without permission."

I can't help but wonder about this whole thing; it smells fishy to me, but
I'm not a licensing expert (nor a GIMP expert :)), so I'd be happy to hear
your comments.

 2:13PM  up 27 days, 14:36, 2 users, load averages: 0.37, 0.27, 0.15