On Sun, Jun 08, 2003 at 05:55:52AM -0400, Carol Spears wrote:
[ ... ]

> I prefer that the printers catch up to modern technology.  For the
> prices they ask, i think they are lagging.

This is the wrong attitude: Assuming that you really are talking about
new technology, you have to make sure that it's easy to move to a new
technology without losing everything that was done in the past, and
without requiring to completely change the way things are done.

But the more important point is that printers are already using new
technology. There are a number of digital workflow management packages
available from different vendors, printers are using DtP (Digital
to Plate) systems or even fully digital presses. All of this
however requires either a CMYK workflow, or a fully color managed
workflow. You would never send just RGB.

--
Karl Heinz Kremer                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PGP Key at                 http://www.khk.net/download/khk.asc