On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 10:04:46 +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Adam SjÝgren) wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 09:36:18 +0200, RaphaŽl Quinet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I just re-counted now: the current access log for the last 18 hours
> > contains 140 unique IP addresses using NS4.x (not 4.0, doh!).  For
> > the day before, 226.  For Monday, 152.
> Out of how many in total?

I didn't check for all days, because doing a "sort -u" for all IP
addresses from the logs takes longer and consumes more resources than
if I limit the query to the NS4 users first.  Also, I don't know if
the traffic statistics are supposed to be published at all.  But I had
a look at the current log file for today and I counted 10192 unique IP
addresses in total.  In the meantime (since the last message that I
posted 2 hours ago), the number of visitors using NS4 has increased
from 140 to 165.

But does the total really matter?  If we have more than a thousand
visitors using NS4 in the last week, does it matter if this is a
thousand out of 10,000, a million or a billion?  We are not a
commercial site counting the visitors to see how many of them get
banner ads or anything like that; we are counting how many GIMP users
can get help from the GIMP web site.  See also Marc's message.