Hi,

Hans Breuer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>  Sent to gtk-devel w/o response

Did you file a bug-report? This is unlikely ever to be fixed without a
bug-report.

> Current Gimp cvs (compiled on win32) triggers
> the one in g_scanner_get_char() and as a result looses
> it's reference to the input file.

Actually, I'd be interested to hear how exactly we are triggering
this. When I saw your mail on gtk-devel I looked at the code in
question but I could not find out what is going wrong.

> +typedef struct _GimpScannerUserData GimpScannerUserData;

I always wondered who invented the term user_data, can't it just be
GimpScannerData? Apart from that (and a missing blank) the patch looks
OK. However I'd rather see this fixed in GLib. So it should probably
be marked with a #warning and removed later when we can depend on a
fixed version of GLib.