Hi,

Hans Breuer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> This is the all-or-nothing argument. IMO a macro recorder
> would already be useful if it only records the calls done
> as reaction on users menu usage, where many go through the
> PDB. Without looking further I thought there are already
> core functions which work like this, too.

I don't want to disappoint you but besides the menu entries that are
installed by plug-ins no GIMP menu entry calls a PDB function. Your
macro recorder would miss almost all of the user action unless we
change this.

At the moment it's probably easier to use Gerd for macro recording
purposes.

> Probably I should have choosen my words more careful. Second try:
>
> Are there _short-term_ huge changes planned for the plug-in/pdb code ?

Please define _short-term_. As you know we are sortof feature frozen
and are targetting a release in the very near future. We might decide
to revamp the PDB as soon as this release is out. I would call that a
good chance for huge changes short-term.

> But beside the valueable input from Raphael there was no further
> response/interest.

Well, perhaps not response but surely interest. It's definitely on the
TODO for quite some time already.

Sven