Sven Neumann wrote:
> Alastair Robinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>>I've created a little patch against GIMP 1.2.5 to allow dithering of
>>gradients, which significantly improves their appearance when printed.
>>If you're interested, you can find out more here:
> How is that different from enabling "Adaptive Supersampling"
> in the blend tool options?

It looks quite a lot different -- as far as I can tell from
reading the patch, it does what it says on the bottle, that is,
it (random-)dithers the truncated precision into the lowest bit(s)
of the 8-bit precision that we support.

Conceptually I like this, and the gotchas are toggleable
via the UI.

Adam D. Moss   . ,,^^   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   co:3