Okey ... i did a fresh checkout from the gimp-help-2 module and get it to
"work". I attached a 3 lines patch for the configure.in file, because i
was wondering about a program called "no", which was used, if no xsltproc is
installed on the system. Now its working fine for me and configure do
the right thing for me. So,
maybe i was a bit confused and fixed, which shouldn't be fixed - do what
you want with the "patch" ;)

But, this is not my main intention here - lets speak about german
documentation. I figured out, that the gimp-help will now be written in
docbook sgml.

What do you think, where should i start? Maybe i'll create a new de_DE
directory and start writing ...
Are there any policies to follow?
I really can't imagine that there was no german manual or a something
I hope, i'm able to change this ...

BTW, i found a rather up to date mailinglist archive at:

Finally - i'm looking forward to see some of you at the gimp

Roman Joost
www: http://www.romanofski.de