We've just finished up the camp here, and we thought it would be a good idea to
commemorate the occasion with a release.
There are quite a few changes in this release, so it is worthwhile to upgrade,
particularly if you had build problems with the mme code in the last release.
This is the latest in the development series of the GIMP. This will very soon be
a pre-release version for the GIMP 2.0, so all testing efforts are appreciated
to help us pin down some bugs.
As usual, tarballs are available at ftp://ftp.gimp.org/pub/gimp/1.3/1.3.18/.
Overview of Changes in GIMP 1.3.18
- Made a bunch of improvements to the path tool [Nomis]
- Added lots of mnemonnics for plug-ins [Brix]
- Build fixes for Win32 [Hans, Tor]
- Improvements to the grid [Brix]
- Improved compiler checks for MMX code [Helvetix, Sven]
- Allow patent-free compression for GIF [Cameron]
- Add several edge detection algorithms to the edge tool [Bolsh]
- Fixed handle leak in plug-ins on Win32 [Tor]
- Changed default quality for jpegs [Raphael]
- Add changing opacity via cursor keys [Nomis]
- Fix text tool outlines [Mitch]
- Serialize/deserialize documentation [Sven]
- Colourcibe analysis plug-in added [Yosh]
- Lots of code clean-up in displayshell [Mitch]
- Camp organisation [Sven, Mitch]
- Added a working gimp.spec for building RPMs [Drh]
- Lots of bug fixes
Maurits Rijk, Raphael Quinet, Adam Moss
Gimp-developer mailing list