On Sun, 17 Aug 2003, Sven Neumann wrote:

> Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 19:25:54 +0200
> From: Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: Alan Horkan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: [Gimp-developer] Allow Maximise in Dialogs,
>      like in Paint Shop Pro 8
>
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, 2003-08-17 at 19:05, Alan Horkan wrote:
>
> > The problem is that to resize the windows you need to grab the window edge
> > and drag, so this useful and worthwhile feature is wasted.
> > If a window can be resized then it really should have the Maximise Window
> > decoration (with the rare exception of a few message dialogs).  (Similarly
> > you there should probably be a minimise icon for any of the non modal
> > dialogs).
>
> We certainly don't fiddle with the window decorations. It's entirely the
> fault of your WM.

Bet you Five Euro Havoc Pennington will disagree and that the GIMP should
be setting additional hints or suchlike.

The ImageMap plugin has the a maximise window decoration but very few
other windows do, so even if it is the Window managers fault the GIMP will
have some blame to shoulder too.  I think there is a distinction between a
dialog and a normal window that is not clearly defined somewhere.

I'll try and find a solution to this as you clearly dont have a problem
with the principle and it would shame to have a useful feature going to
waste because users fail to realise it is there.

I'll probalby file a bug report to keep track and help me remember.  I'll
assign it to myself, please dont close it invalid until I can properly
verify that the problem is not with the GIMP.

- Alan