On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 08:59:45PM +0200, Daniel Egger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> - Last time I looked most if not all processors have troubles
>   transcoding UTF-8 to HTML entities or different charactersets,

Transcoding is a no-brainer, if that is a problem a simple one-liner can
convert to whatever you want.

>   unfortunately quite a few browsers cannot properly display the former.

That's highly interesting. Even the venerable netscape-4 can properly
display documents in utf-8, even utf-7.

I do a lot of work in this area, and widespread lack of utf-8 support is
certainly unknown to me (and in any case, just convert to latin1 and you
have universal support).