I've sent this yesterday, but I have bnot seen it on the list. I think
my local IP may  have got blacklisted, so I am trying again.

        Js
        -><-

ok, 4:21 n the morning...
I just could run gimp 1.3.19 now.

I don't know how many of these changes came in after 1.3.19, but
I can only see 2 modes on the tools options.

I am feeling sleepy, and  I could not follow the guidelines below .
 It seens me that the edit mode is not there at all. I will try to
 build the gimp from HEAD tomorrow (I sometimes have problens with
 this, but I am interested enough in the vector tool to help out. So,
 if  I cannot build it, expect me on #gimp looking for some help)

I hope you are willing to change some of these key strokes. I
 remember being able to iamgine something that would make more sense,
 while awake - so I will write more on later. Now I can only note
 that the behavior of the SHIFT key on the simetry of Handles should
 not toggle like that, and IMO should be more consistent. But I will
 have more to say on the keys once I get all the functionality you
 list bellow.

The ability of changing a segment curvature by draging a randon point
of  it is quite amazing, rest assured.

As for teh future plans, inr egards to import and export to other
 file formats, There is Python code from both Sven, and another
implementation by me to export bezier paths to SVG. There is also
some python code of mine to export them to Postscript and POV-Ray
sphere sweeps.
(http://hopey.nervo.org/~gwidion/gimp , Sven's code seens to float up
somewhere in the Tools directory, and I am not certain if it moves to
anywhere that makes sense when installing) . Needless to say, there
is no code to read any of these back.

If you feel like python will not be universal enough in Gimp
 installs, I can rewrite some of my scripts in C.

So far, expect me to write more about vectors tomorrow.
I will get some sleep now.

Regards,

        JS
        -><-