Hi,

Nick Lamb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> It should work that way but I haven't been able to build The GIMP to check
> for ages now.
>
> To be completely clear: Edit/Cut, Copy and Paste _ought_ to transparently
> work between applications. The image-related KDE apps get this right and
> when GIMP 1.3.x devel code is once again up and running on this system
> I will ensure that it works properly in the GIMP too.

Oh, will you? I am sorry but if I remember correctly we postponed this
until after 2.0 since we hope that until then there well be an
accepted Free Desktop standard for this. Our prefered solution would
be to offer the image data as image/png and so far there seems to be
consensus that this is a good choice.