Hello,

I have written a Dicom format plug-in for gimp. Dicom is a standard
for medical apparatus and includes an image format which this plug-in
partially supports for reading and writing.

Here are some links about Dicom:

    http://medical.nema.org/
    http://www.psychology.nottingham.ac.uk/staff/cr1/dicom.html

I have attached the source for it to bug report #126521 .

Sven wanted to have a discussion whether this plug-in should be included
by default in gimp. So, the question is, do you want to improve your
X-Ray images (and in the process change your name to Wilber Doe, which
is the value for the "Patient name" tag of all dicom files written
by the plug-in) ;-)?

Regards,
Dov