On Nov 13, 2003, at 6:02 AM, Sven Neumann wrote:

OpenOSX Sales <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

I am attempting to build Gimp 1.3.22 here on Mac OS X 10.3.1 (darwin
7.0) with gcc 3.3 and all goes well until what appears to be the
final linking stages at which point I get several undefined symbols.

ld: Undefined symbols:

As we found out lately, it seems that MacOS X is doing the same as Windows does and prefixes symbols with an underscore. So in order to build GIMP you will need to edit app/Makefile and set symprefix to _ just like it is done for OS_WIN32 already. Please report back if this fixes your problem so that we can put this solution into CVS.

That did the trick, THANKS!

I simply uncommented the "symprefix = _" line and all is well.

I must say that the 1.3.x series is absolutely BEAUTIFUL (not that the 1.2.x series was shabby), and my hat goes off to the whole team. I am way impressed! Congratulations!

Thanks again,

Programmer/Owner            Phone:   760.935.4736
http://OpenOSX.com           Fax:        760.935.4845