On Sat, Dec 13, 2003 at 04:19:44PM +0100, Hans Breuer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> - especially if they stop to work as advertised, or if the configure
> step takes longer than the actual package compile ;-]

which is a severe shortcoming of the build environment (AFAIK, Msys uses
cygwin which is awfully slow due to a large number of reasons). On any
non-m$ unix, the configure script works reasonably quickly. Maybe some of
the commercial unix packages for windows would run them faster, too...

(Or maybe the compilers are so much slower, but I'd disagree with that)