Sven Neumann wrote:
which is a severe shortcoming of the build environment (AFAIK, Msys
uses cygwin which is awfully slow due to a large number of
reasons).

This sounds like if you had a clue on what is causing the slowliness of running configure on Cygnus. I recently compiled the Blinkenlights software on Windows and noticed this shortcoming as well. I wondered what might be the cause and if there are ways to work around it. Are there any?

As a data point, I use a (optimized build) mingw cross-compiler hosted on linux, and the raw compilation itself takes a lot longer (50% longer, or more) than the same compiler version built for a native-compile. I really don't know why that would be. The only thing I can think of would be if the <windows.h>/<windef.h>/etc headers that get pulled into just about every file on a win32 build expand into monsterous evil and add measurably to the unit compilation time.

--Adam
--
Adam D. Moss   . ,,^^   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.foxbox.org/   co:3
Consume Less, Live More