Raphael, can I ask you a thing?

You could maybe just add (or ask someone to add) a "zero-out
transparent pixels" on the layers menu.

This will make you possibly happy, and will NOT arbitrarily throw away
data that is relevant to more than one group of users as this thread
had shown.

Maybe, if you want to be really picky and selfish about this - there
are far  more usability issues in GIMP as it is now - them instead of
a menu option one have to actively click, there could be added an
entry in preferences. Something like "Automatically destroy color
data from transparent pixels". Or some name equally "warnfull" about
what it does.

With that, GIMP could be kept for Image Manipulation thats why we use
it for.

However, I would agree that such an __option__ - to zero out data
pixels - should be added to the .png  save filter.

        JS
        -><-