>From:  Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>The point is that you misunderstood what a selection is. A selection
>is a mask holding a selection value between 0 and 255 for each pixel
>in the image. What you see on the GIMP canvas is just the selection
>border

OK. I was writing about a tool which is used to make a selection.
When the tool is on, it holds the rectangle as vertex/edge data.
When user releases the mouse button, the selection mask is created.
When user again grabs a vertex or an edge, the selection mask is
undoed.

The selection will still be a mask.

Regards,
Juhana