On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 04:48, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Well, it is not only used as a menu-path but also as a (short)
> description.  Basically, Script-Fu is a mess. Wouldn't you want to
> rewrite it? We keep looking for someone who wants to redo Script-Fu
> for quite a while already.

Looking at that again, you are right (of course). The menu path shows up
in the second line titled 'Blurb:' in DB Browser. This is good. I
remember a long time ago when this wasn't there. I would find something
in the browser I wanted to use but had trouble tracking down where it
was in the menus.

I do seem to have painted a target (or at least a sign) on my back as
Script-Fu maintainer over the last number of days. :-)

AFAIK, the Script-Fu stuff seems to be working. When you say you want
someone to redo it, can you be more specific as to what you feel needs
to be done to it?

I might be able to start with small changes or patches to Script-Fu at
first. However, GIMP itself and GTK+ have gotten a lot bigger and more
complex over the years. I usually get lost following things in the GIMP
the moment I hit a call to write_channel and the GTK+ documentation I
have often found lacking. I'll try and track down some good GTK+
tutorials since I want to be able to do more GUI related programming in
Packet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]|  Try to assimilate the world!"