Daniel Egger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Feb 5, 2004, at 7:39 pm, Sven Neumann wrote:
> > Installing gimp2 should be about as easy nowadays.
> Nothing beats:
> fink install gimp

Well, this beats it:

 port install gimp2

You will need Darwinports (http://darwinports.opendarwin.org/) but IMO
darwinports is an improvement over fink. Of course your mileage may vary.

> simplicitywise. There's still no package for gimp2.

There is one but last I checked it wasn't in the official fink tree

> The "official" Apple X11 that comes with 10.3. This one is still
> best integrated and the best performer, so there is no real choice.

This is the first time then that I hear complaints about performance
of GTK2 applications on the Apple X11 server. Are you sure this is a
general problem?