Sven Neumann wrote:
It would also help to have the bugs better prioritized in Bugzilla.
Blockers should be marked as such. Bugs not marked as blockers will be
moved to the 2.0.1 milestone if they don't get fixed before sunday.
Some of the bugs listed can IMO be moved to 2.0.1 or even 2.2

We should also categorise most of the -- milestone bugs (I think that these should go to 2.2 or 2.0.1, for the most part).

Do we have a volunteer with some free time and bugzilla permissions
who wants to help me with the bug maintainance?

I'll help out with this, should be pretty quick. Anyone who wants bugzilla permissions drop me a mail.

133719  User Interface
        crashes on paste

I haven't been able to reproduce this, even with a cluttered screen and docks set-up. Bumping to 2.0.1 sounds good.

136636  Tools
        Selection mode modifier affects selection at mouse release

        Looks like a GTK+/GDK problem to me. It doesn't crash GIMP but
        it makes some actions with selections impossible on Windows.
        Should not be considered a blocker but it needs to be
        addressed soon.

I'll have a closer look at our code, and see if this is a GTK+ issue. If I have the time, I'll do up a test case. Agreed it's not a blocker.

131965  General
        Deletion of layer with brightness-contract active

        This is data loss but on the undo stack only. This is critical
        but it shouldn't block the release. We don't seem to have much
        clue what is going wrong here.

It would be nice to have people look closer at this one before 2.0 - I agree that it's not a blocker though.

93806   Script-Fu
124176  General
120490  Tools
115774  General
76228   Tools
128594  Tools
> 123888     Plugins
> 65534      Plugins
> 97734      Tools
> 121871     Plugins
> 12253      General
> 91384      General

Agreed on all of these.

136489  Script-Fu
        gimp-edit-copy fails on transparent area

        This is strictly speaking an API change but it seems we better
        do it since the current API is just plain broken,

Yup - there's a patch against this with a few problems, I think we should accept it.

128833  User Interface
        Tool dialogs block image (crop tool)

        Smells like another user preference. For anyone comfortable
        with GimpConfig, this is an easy change to GimpToolDialog,
        GimpGuiConfig and a line or two in gui/preferences_dialog.c.

I'm not comfortable about having this as a preference. The best fix would be to have the crop tool pop up somewhere other than the center of the image, which is possibly the worst place it could pop up. Is this dialog session managed? If not, what needs to be done to make that happen?

112859  User Interface
        transform tools' preview should take linked-group in conside

        Not critical but it would be nice to change it now so that the
        2.0 UI stays consistent. Otherwise bump to 2.2 ?

I'd say bump - unless someone feels happy taking this on with about 3 or 4 days to do it.

109561  General
        Toggling layer visibility resets tool parameters

        Not sure how this could be fixed. Shouldn't be a blocker but
        it is certainly an annoying side-effect.

I'd really like to see this fixed before 2.0. Of course, that means someone needs to fix it... I don't think that I will have the time myself. Plus, as you say, the fix isn't immediately obvious.

132698  Plugins
        Discrepancy in Script-Fu constants vs. DB Browser

We need to come to a decision here. Need to look at it again.

I think we should do both (keep the old enum naming scheme and add the new one), and deprecate the old one for 3.0 (or possible 4.0).