From: Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   Date: 12 Mar 2004 14:19:13 +0100

   Robert L Krawitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

   > In the 5.0 tree, the plugin has been split into two pieces, a UI
   > library (libgimpprintui) and the GIMP plugin proper (which is tiny,
   > and contains all of the GIMP-specific code).  We should work out the
   > appropriate ownership of of these two components, and the correct
   > dividing line.

   There's still a GIMP plug-in in the 5.0 tree? Now I am confused. I
   thought our plan to get rid of that circularity was that you drop
   the GIMP plug-in entirely and leave it up to the GIMP team to
   provide a plug-in that builds on the gimp-print library. Is that
   not the plan?

See my previous reply to Dave Nearly on this.  That's the plan, but
there are architectural and execution issues to be worked.

I'm hoping to do a lot of work and get close to locking down the 5.0
API this weekend, although I don't know whether I'll manage to
complete everything.  The changes I want to do will generalize the
input mode support, so you really want them in place before GEGL (and
for that matter the Cinepaint folks really need these changes too).  I
want to stabilize the 5.0 API, and hopefully have something that will
be backward compatible at 5.2, so it's premature to transfer ownership

Project lead for Gimp Print   --

--Eric Crampton