On 03/21/04 15:01, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

One of the ideas that I believe Sven raised on irc, was that there
should be a minimal and trivial interface to the PDB that is not
based on any particular language but just consists of:

gimp_foo -bar 3 -baz yellow

Perhaps I'm being extremely dense, but couldn't there be an interface:

gimp -cmdfile <filename>

Surely notepad can handle funny characters and the name of the file is completely up to you so you can make it as shell-friendly as you'd like. GIMP could have some extra code to handle "text mode" files, but that's about all that would be needed ...

He who despairs over an event is a coward,
but he who holds hopes for the human condition is a fool.
  -- Albert Camus