>a) Menu entries have a rule about "...". Only those that request extra
>interaction must have the dots. Non interactive things have no dots.

Interesting.  I just automatically assumed that the dots meant that the
name was truncated, and never paid attention to them again.

>c) Maybe over menu? Maybe in a global place? This issue is going to
>happen with any menu entry that pops nothing, be it a filter or
>whatever. Should everything start poping dialogs now?

Well, no.  It's reasonably clear to me that "add alpha channel" should
not pop a dialog :-).  But you're right, there is certainly an issue of how
to invoke help for something that does not present any interface
beyond a menu entry.

  -- Bill

Sent via the KillerWebMail system at primate.ucdavis.edu