On Thursday 22 April 2004 15:52, David Neary wrote:

> I hope I'm not the only one asking myself this question... what
> is a CSG operation?
CSG stands for "Constructive Solid Geometry", and is used to refer
to operations like "union", "intersection", "add" and "subtracting" geometric
forms in a computer represented drawing.

Obviously "Solid"  doesn't apply here. :-)
<joke> Maybe we  could  use "CPG" - Constructive Plain Geometry
instead ?</joke>
Nonetheless, the acronym is widely used enough that I and the at least those
who replied on this thread could promptly understand what it was about.