Hi,

Sven Neumann wrote:
> > On PotatoShop (forced to used at gunpoint), there are no problems
> > editing this image or other large images.
>
> Photoshop handles large images better than GIMP. That's a known fact
> and it's not trivial to improve.

How, exactly? I've heard this too, but I have no clear idea how
they do so - do they have a similar caching system, and just make
better decisions about what to cache and when? Or do they use OS
specific features to reduce read times for caching operations?

Or perhaps something completely different?

Adding -devel as a CC, since this is really a developers issue
too.

Cheers,
Dave.

--