Hi Sven,

IMHO, the plugins could be left un-bound to any window as they are atm.
Or is there a hard coded underlying attachment between the plugin and
parent windows required for it all to work?

Are you saying that plug-in dialogs should be handled differently than core dialogs? If we want to implement WiW, then plug-in dialogs need IMO be embedded into the container windows just like any other GIMP dialog.

I wouldn't mind either way. If it was less trouble to leave them not embedded into the container windows I would not complain. Photoshop does not presently have plugins within the main window I believe.

If it was just as easy to have them embedded within the normal window
that would be great too.

Kind regards

JG