On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 07:12:18PM +0200, Michael Schumacher wrote:
> Carol Spears wrote:
> >configure: WARNING: --enable-gimp-console... are you nuts?
> >***
> >*** --enable-gimp-console is for crazy hackers only!
> >*** The build will fail badly in the app/ directory.
> >*** You have been warned ;)
> >***
> >
> >what is up with this?
>
> AFAIK this is for a version of GIMP that doesn't require GTK+. At least,
> that's what I've been told when asking the same question.

it is my opinion that leaving the word "crazy" there for too long, it
becomes the norm and everyone gets, you know, bored.

perhaps we should unicode a different character which would be an
apostrophe on top of a period.  would adding a different unicode
character be an easier way to make this crazy message look new and
exciting without working the gimp developers too much?

maybe put something like sigrot onto the make file?

carol