Unfortunately, the gtkcurve widget doesn't allow setting the control
points of the curve, only setting a dense curve
(gtk_curve_set_vector).  There may be a back door way of doing it, but
that carries obvious hazards.

There's also no official interface for extracting the control points.

The upshot may wind up being that we supply only the dense curve
interface to the GIMP plugin.  That would be unfortunate.

--Eric Crampton