On Sat, 2004-07-10 at 19:19, Markus Triska wrote:
> I have explained this above - re-define "set!" to use the TinyScheme
> "defined?" command to see if a variable is already defined, and if this is
> not the case, define it.

Now I understand what you were getting at earlier. That would work only
I don't see defined? as being available in the R5RS. However, a check of
the interpreter indicates it does have such a function so this should be
doable even if it is outside the current standard (perhaps its in of the
suggested additions and will be part of R6RS currently being developed).

I think I may be able to use that to deal with the missing symbol-bound?
function of SIOD.

--
Cheers!

Packet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]|  Try to assimilate the world!"