On Thursday 15 July 2004 02:25 pm, Shlomi Fish wrote:

> Another implementation of Scheme? Aren't the ones in:
>
> http://www.schemers.org/Documents/FAQ/#implementations
>
> enough? Or isn't any of them better suited as a starting point?

Please ask Tom, not me, because he is doing it, or visit his page for more
information. His version could have advantages that others lack. Diversity is
at most very rarely (never?) a drawback. Besides, I hear some people are
implementing already available software just to see what it is like. There
surely are thousands of other legitimate reasons why one would implement
another version of Scheme.

> Do you mean that you're all the more for Arch to win?

No, I did not.

Each of the nominated projects is very good (see Dave's post for some details
about the GIMP). The Arch - GIMP relation was a joke, if you don't mind. The
fact remains that Tom's Pika Scheme has Unicode support, which TinyScheme
lacks, so it could be worth a look.

Markus.