While starting each plugin as a separate process has it's advantages, gdb interaction is certainly not one of them.

For example, right now I bring the plugin dialog up, then look up in the process list for it, and attach it to the gdb session. Is there an easier way?

But the real problem is that by the time the plugin dialog is up lots of interesting stuff has already happened. So, how can I debug run() itself in a reasonable way?
(I can think of several ugly hacks to make run() stop and wait until I attach to it, but I still hope there is something I overlooked and there is a simple solution for that).

-Joseph