Roman Joost <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> This mail is for "translating" the Toolbox into German. I wasn't sure
> how to translate the Toolbox to German for the manual. But
> please, hold your breath and let me explain why.
> I was digging a bit around in the net to find out, which word is more
> used for the Toolbox: "Werkzeugfenster" or "Werkzeugkasten". The most
> tutorials I found are using "Werkzeugkasten", even Sven uses
> "Werkzeugkasten" in his book. But "Werkzeugfenster" is often more used
> in forums, when people try to describe a problem and they aren't
> familiar with The GIMP.
> I spoke to Ellen to find out what she think. She said, that
> "Werkzeugfenster" will be more descriptive. "Werkzeugkasten" is a bit
> odd, because she have to think first, what I'm refering to. Thats
> exactly my feeling. If I were a new user, "Werkzeugfenster" will be a more
> descriptive word for the Toolbox than "Werkzeugkasten". But, maybe I'm
> totally wrong and other may think of a completly different
> window/dialog?
> So, what do you guys think: "Werkzeugfenster" or "Werkzeugkasten"?

I suggest you bring this up on the gnome-i18n mailing-list. Other apps
are most likely using this string as well and the best solution is to
use a consistent translation. I am sure you already checked the german
glossary maintained by the GTP, didn't you?

Gimp-developer mailing list

Reply via email to