a new development snapshot of GIMP 2.1 is now available from
ftp.gimp.org and it's mirrors:
This is an unstable development release. It certainly has bugs and
there are a number of unfinished hacks. We are nevertheless interested
in your feedback and would like you to file bug reports for crashes
and non-obvious problems.
Please note that you cannot install gimp-2.1 side-by-side with
gimp-2.0 into the same prefix. A number of files will clash, so please
use a separate prefix to install this development version! For
details, please read the file INSTALL.
Here's an overview of the changes since 2.1.3 was released:
- Rewritten internal handling of progress indicators. Embed progress
bars to the File Open dialog to reduce annoying dialogs popping up.
- Added an API for plug-ins to embed a progress bar. Let the Script-Fu
dialog swallow the progress bars created by running the script.
- Ported remaining plug-ins and modules to GimpPreviewArea and removed
- Show progress while converting from RGB to Indexed Colors.
- Added new plug-ins Cartoon, Neon, Photocopy and Softglow.
- Let color selectors adapt to the given size.
- Import basic SVG shapes as paths.
- Improved GIH and guillotine plug-ins.
- Added GimpMessageBox widget. Collect error messages in a single
dialog to reduce popups.
- Renamed the core GimpPreview widget to GimpView.
- Added a GimpPreview widget to libgimpwidgets. This is an abstract
class that combines a GimpPreviewArea with scrollbars and a "Preview"
- Added GimpDrawablePreview derived from GimpPreview.
- Improved previews in Unsharp Mask, Scatter RGB, Sharpen, Spread and
- Added previews to Edge, Gaussian Blur, Neon, Soft Glow, Sobel and
Selective Gaussian Blur.
- Added a logarithmic mode for the slider in a GimpScaleEntry.
- Script-Fu code cleanups.
- Fixed composite assembly code.
- Pass user settings for the checkerboard to plug-ins.
- Image comment, if any, is now shown within the info window.
- New function "Fit Canvas to Layers" (gimp_image_resize_to_layers)
Michael Natterer, Sven Neumann, David Odin, Shlomi Fish, Bill Skaggs,
Simon Budig, Ari Pollak, Spencer Kimball, Michael Schumacher, Joao
S. O. Bueno, Manish Singh, Helvetix Victorinox, Kevin Cozens
Gimp-developer mailing list