a new development snapshot of GIMP 2.1 is now available from
ftp.gimp.org and it's mirrors:
This is an unstable development release. It certainly has bugs and
there are a number of unfinished hacks. We are nevertheless interested
in your feedback and would like you to file bug reports for crashes
and non-obvious problems.
Please note that you cannot install gimp-2.1 side-by-side with
gimp-2.0 into the same prefix. A number of files will clash, so please
use a separate prefix to install this development version! For
details, please read the file INSTALL.
Here's an overview of the changes since 2.1.4 was released:
- Ask the user to save the image when closing the last display.
- Restored compatibility of the wire protocol that was accidentally
broken in 2.1.4.
- Added layer and mask actions to allow to create keybindings for them.
- Preview widget improvements:
* let the preview expand with the plug-in dialog
* added a navigation popup similar to the one in the image window
* respect the selection and show how it will affect the filter
* added API to draw to a GimpDrawablePreview from a GimpPixelRgn
- Added preview to more plug-ins: Cartoon, Apply Canvas, Photocopy,
- Ported the Bumpmap plug-in preview to GimpDrawablePreview.
- Removed -u linker hacks from all Makefiles.
Michael Natterer, Sven Neumann, David Odin, Manish Singh, Simon
Budig, Nathan Summers, Alan Horkan, David Gowers, Bill Skaggs,
Joao S. O. Bueno, Peter Kirchgessner
Gimp-user mailing list
Gimp-developer mailing list