Carol Spears ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 25, 2004 at 09:26:12PM +0200, Simon Budig wrote:
> > Actually I tried to explain to carol that the in some 2.0 version the
> > brush used for stroking is not always the same that is selected in the
> > brush dialog. Looking at stroke4.png does not convince me that carol
> > really used the brush the thought was using (I think it is bug #150716).
>
> having been a user of gimp for several years and several versions, i
> have a few habits "hardcoded" into my work flow.
>
> for these examples, i actually opened the stroke dialog, closed the
> stroke dialog, chose the brush from the brush dialog and then reopened
> the stroke dialog, just to be certain.  meaning, i did not even rely on
> the dialog noticing that i had changed the brush.

Quoting from your IRC log:

10:40 <@carol> and there is also a big difference between the brush
               stroking in 2.1 and in 2.0
10:42 <@nomis> I don't see a real difference between 2.0 and 2.1 here.
10:42 <@nomis> carol: maybe you've been tricked a bit by the problem
               that 2.0 doesn't always use the brush selected in the
               brush dialog for stroking. Make sure that you select the
               paint tool and the proper brush before stroking the
               selection.
10:44 <@nomis> (I cannot explain the different width of the stroke
               otherwise)

(Ok, the wording could have been clearer)
[...]

10:50 <@carol> nomis: not only did i make certain that i selected the
               proper brush before stroking. i made certain that the
               proper brush was selected before opening the dialog even
10:50 <@nomis> carol: switch to the paintbrush before stroking.

Apparently you missed that.

Bye,
        Simon