Hi,

just wanted to let you all know that we've bumped the version number
in the GIMP CVS tree to 2.2.0 and that we plan to release 2.2.0-pre1
by the end of the week. There's still a lot of things left to be done
and we can need any help we can get.

http://developer.gimp.org/bugs.html has a link to the list of bug
reports that are still on the 2.2 milestone. There are also a couple
of files in the source which need to be checked and might need an
update. README, INSTALL, the man-pages...

It would also be nice to get some recent screenshots collected and
perhaps someone wants to prepare a feature list based on the excellent
http://wiki.gimp.org/gimp/WhatsNew2 ?

Sven