I am having difficulties enumerating, and identifying layers in a Gimp Plug-in.  Is there
a good source for code that shows how to do this?

My need is to save the text information found in a Gimp document/image into another
file.  To do this, I need to iterate through all of the layers, find the text ones, get the text
and save it to a file.

My end goal is to make a new Plug-in Filter for an archaic file type that many people
would like to have.

Any code would be appreciated,  I am just having a problem getting started with
Gimp development.

I am using the Plug-in Template, Linux (Fedora Core 2), Developer and Base RPM's.
I have compiled the sample plugin, and got it to list the layers, but I cannot identify
the contents of the layer or the simply the layer type.

Thanks in advance

Bill