Hi,

"Michael J. Hammel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Sun, 2004-12-12 at 11:05, Sven Neumann wrote:
>> I seriously doubt that the name is effectively keeping GIMP from being
>> used. And I am all happy to ignore the very few people who are so
>> narrow-minded as to having a problem with the name.
>
> While I agree with most of what you've said in response to this
> thread, Sven, I take a bit of exception with this.  Being one of the
> few open minded liberals stuck in Texas, I tend to be a little
> sensitive to being called narrow minded.

My apologies. I shouldn't have generalized here. As you pointed out
there's a difference between having a problem with the name and
refusing to accept the software because of the name and despite better
knowledge.

So what I suggest we do is to keep the name, but perhaps we can indeed
do something about the way it is perceived. It could help to use the
full name more. Not saying that we should avoid using the acronym but
perhaps it would be good if we could try to mention the full name in
release announcements and such at least once. If someone wants to
review the README, NEWS. INSTALL files as well as the man-pages for
this, that would be appreciated.

Sven