On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 21:34:13 -0200, Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
> Sounds nice!
> Will this take in account recent requests here of archiving changes do
> a drawable by event, instead of by pixel modifications ?

The first thing to do would probably to make the vector based tools fully
parameterized, performing the stroke will be the same as performing an
operation, along with the coordinates, and input measurements (midi
devices, tilt and pressure sensors etc.).

This information can be logged, series of operations or alterations
could be stored in a "hidden" effect layer chain belonging to the
drawable. And serve as it's local undo history. such things bring in
larger portions of the gimp
though, I think gradual inclusions and thus perhaps focus on replacing existing
functionality before starting to exploit the new possibilities.

Software patents hinder progress | http://swpat.ffii.org/
Web :  http://pippin.gimp.org/