On Sun, Feb 06, 2005 at 01:52:40AM +0100, Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> department. What I would like to suggest today is to merge the
> gimp-remote functionality into the gimp binary. This would eliminate
> the confusion about which binary to use. It would also give us the
> chance to reimplement gimp-remote in a less akward way and to
> integrate gimp-win-remote, the win32 implementation of gimp-remote.

A thing to remember is that even when it is folded into the main gimp
binary it still needs special command line switches (otherwise gimp will
run into the same problems as mozilla/firebird etc. which often have
frontend shell scripts that mistakenly try to contact a running mozilla
instance, which only works in single-machine, single-user configs (fixed
in debian, btw, but many distros still do this)).

--
                The choice of a